Hard drive failure is the reality to prepare for. In the long run, you will have to face the certainty that all hard drives fail no matter how cautious you have been. Imagine what would happen if the drive fails and you lost all of your family photos, critical office data, and your work portfolio? To prevent the data loss from a hard drive failure, the response is the ICYRaid enclosure to make the user experience of creating a physical backup (RAID array) a very pleasant one. The ICYRaid series MB662U3-2S packs the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, tray-less drive installation design, easy to setup process, and an advanced cooling system - all these great features in a small, yet elegant enclosure that can be taken where you go as a professional media storage device.
Taking advantage of the ultra quick USB 3.0 interface, users will be able to transfer at high speeds at a maximum of 5 Gbps. The USB 3.0 interface is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so using the MB662U3-2S on your legacy PC or Mac is not a problem. If the system supports USB 3.0, you will be able to take advantage of the superior performance capabilities - which is crucial for professionals who want tools that perform their jobs quickly and efficiently.
Supreme build quality for maximum reliability
It is known that the most common causes of disk failure are poor heat management and mechanical agitation. Taking this into consideration, the build of the MB662U3-2S uses solid aluminum body construction, adding heat dissipation, strength, and protection of your hard drives. The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S in addition reduces external vibrations from reaching the sensitive hard disks by enclosing the drive within a vibration reducing cage, minimizing the possibility of disk damage.
Effective coolingProduct Highlights
Protecting your data also requires that it is constantly maintained to perform at its best. Because hard drives are susceptible to heat failure, it is important to have an active cooling solution. Using the ultra-quiet Sunon MagLev 40 mm fan with variable fan speed control ensures optimal heat dissipation or quiet operation for a range of applications such as a recording studio or production room.
- Supports 2 x 3.5" SATA I/II/III hard drives for maximum storage
- Front LED indicator light to monitor disk function in RAID
- Designed for media users in any professional field
- Power saver mode that follows your systems behavior to conserve power
- The front LED can be disabled when needed
- Plug and Play SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface (up to 5 Gbps)
- No additional software and hardware required to use
- High performance 40 mm Sunon MAGLev cooling fan with adjustable speed control for ultra-quiet operation
- Tool-less design for easy hard drive upgrade or replacement
- Solid aluminum body construction for portability, heat dissipation and extra protection