ICY Dock has changed the game yet again with the MB982SP-1s 2.5" to 3.5" SATA SSD and HDD converter. This product is designed using the dimensions, connection locations, and mounting hole positions of a standard 3.5" SATA drive, so that it can be used in any internal hard drive bay, as well as with backplane and hot swap modules.
The MB982SP-1s utilizes a full metal design, creating a better environment for cooling, as well as giving it a rock solid construction, ideal for industrial, enterprise, and military applications. The MB982 can handle almost any type of 2.5" SATA drives. To allow for 12.5 mm and 15 mm drive heights, they have included Smart-Fit technology, which secures the drive in its place whether it is a thin 9.5 mm or thick 15 mm.
The MB982 also includes the features: an effortless installation process without any tools or screws, plenty of ventilation slots to keep any drive used running cool and efficient, and a unique and stylish design. The top, front and rear allow air to flow through, and a special vent on the bottom gives the user visual confirmation that the drive has made a secure connection.Product Highlights
- Converts your 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD to a 3.5" SATA hard drive, for 3.5" SATA drive bay usage
- Full metal and heavy duty with easy access to drives
- Airflow vents for heat dissipation with anti-vibration design
- Universal mounting holes for most common PC cases
- Compatible with 3.5" HDD backplanes and hot swap devices
- Screw-less design for quick and easy installation
- Perfect for system integrators and IT professionals
- Compatible with 15 mm height drives