Every year, technology is able to become more and more advanced and is constantly improving. Also, with being physically the smallest, and performing the best is the end goal of any storage system. This is why SFF (Small Form Factor) storage systems are becoming more popular due to its low power consumption and space-saving benefits. With the advent of recent solid state technology, this allows 2.5" SSD's to easily achieve 500 MB/second in transfer rate, which overcomes the 3.5" SATA hard drives in every category except capacity. Therefore, maximize the capacity in a limited space becomes the most important task that many storage consulting firms are faced with often.
Complete space saver
Utilizing its small form factor, The MB992SK-B is perfect for use in industrial PCs, SMB SFF servers, mobile DVR systems, or even home servers. The ability to house 2 x SATA SSD or HDD in a single 3.5" bay makes it a valuable asset, such as, building small RAID 1 backups for SMB workstation or fast RAID 0 arrays for powerful personal computer. To keep cables from cluttering, a single SATA 15 power pin is used to ease installation. Save as much as space while maintaining the speed and capacity, which is the beauty of the MB992SK-B.
Protect your investments
Making sure your drives are in good hands and last as much as possible is carefully considered to any enterprise build and design. The MB992SK-B is capable of holding up in the harshest environments, with the heavy duty metal construction in the entirety of the body and its smaller components. It can be used various systems including: military and law enforcement deployment, as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems.
Versatile utility and securityProduct Highlights
Bringing more utility your hard drives, a LED is installed into the front of the mobile rack to provide drive status information at all times. Active Power Technology (APT) allows each LED to be on only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. For drive security, the eagle-hook lock system on the tray makes sure your hard drives will not eject when not needed. Additionally, the 2 segment key lock provides extra protection to theft of hard drives as well as safeguards any sensitive data.
- Fits 2 x 7 mm to 9.5 mm 2.5" SATA drives/SSD's in a 3.5" floppy drive bay
- Full metal construction, perfect for rugged applications
- Multi-Flow Technology (MFT) - provides excellent passive cooling
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in each bay
- EMI grounding - protects hard drives from electrical damage
- Eagle-hook lock system and 2-segment safeguard key lock keeps drives secure within the enclosure
- Removable tray system for easy maintenance
- Supports SATA 6 Gbps and hot swap
- Single SATA 15 pin to power entire device