IBM LTO Ultrium Generation 5 media has been designed to deliver exceptional capacity and reliability at a lower cost per GB than other types of storage medium. Cartridge capacity of up to 3 TB (at 2:1 compression) helps reduce the number of cartridges and the amount of equipment, space and labor associated with tape-based storage. In addition, it helps reduce the time associated with backup and restore operations by reducing the amount of cartridge handling, further lowering operational costs.
1.5 TB (3.0 TB with 2:1 compression) tape capacity
Reduces manual intervention for tape operations, saving you valuable IT staff time. Reduces the physical storage space needed for backup cartridges.
Rigorous testing and optimization
Designed to withstand the demands of every day use. Maximized performance and reliability in IBM LTO tape drives.
Write once, read many (WORM) capability
Safe long-term retention of reference data. Assists in compliance with data retention regulations LTO hardware encryption compliments WORM media to.
IBM's statistical media read/write analysis stored on the cartridge
Improved read/write reliability to help assure your data is protected.
LTO Cartridge Memory (LTO-CM) chip
Fast sharing of cartridge-dependent data with tape drives. Speeds up load and unload cycles.
Burgundy standard cartridge color
Distinguishes the cartridges from previous generations of IBM LTO Ultrium cartridges.
Two-tone WORM cartridge color
Distinguishes WORM cartridges from standard cartridges.
Adheres to the Linear Tape-Open standard
Cartridge can be used in products featuring LTO Gen 5 tape technology. Cartridge continues to provide value as your storage needs and infrastructure grow.
Media partitioning capabilityProduct Highlights
Enhances file control and space management.
- High capacity tape cartridge built and tested to stringent LTO Ultrium Generation 5 specifications
- Provides up to 3 TB (with 2:1 compression) of capacity in a single cartridge
- Supports I/T data encryption standards
- Dual-partition capability designed to enhance the performance of time-encoding applications and support future tape innovations from IBM
- The ideal green storage for data centers, designed for long data retention and archiving with no power required at rest
- Designed to help improve read/write reliability by storing IBM's statistical media read/write analysis on every use of the cartridge when used with IBM LTO tape drives
- Designed to adhere to widely supported Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium design specifications