Imation Defender Collection Control Server allows security and compliance
leaders and network administrators to control, manage and audit the removable
data storage devices used by their organizations.
This powerful web-based software application is designed for use with Defender Collection Control Client software on client PCs, and Defender Collection Device Control on devices, to manage policies for removable media. Administrators can set policies for users, removable device types, passwords, off-network usage, encryption, or device usage - all tied to robust reporting and forensic auditing capabilities. Administrators can also block files by name or type that represent risks of data leaks or virus/malware propagation.
Control access privileges
A remote command allows an administrator to revoke access to lost or stolen drives and media.
Delete device content
When used with the Defender Collection Control Client or Device Control, device contents can be deleted remotely by an administrator.
Authenticate by domain
Username and password are not required to access protected devices when the user is logged on to the corporate network.
Apply and enforce rulesProduct Highlights
Set policies by device type, brand, model or serial number - use with Defender Collection Control Client to set unique policies by device type, brand, model, VID, PID or serial number.
- Provides robust policy definition enforcement and tracking of removable data
- Offers policy management controls for administrators and security and compliance officers
- Retains audit trail of what files are stored and used on removable drives and
- media, plus details on where files are copied to from the removable device;
- audit trail contains metadata about drive and media contents, easily searched
- for reporting purposes
- Tracks and manages recordable optical discs used throughout your organization; gain more control with unique features tied to management of Imation Defender Optical discs
- Provides administrators with the ability to pre-establish offline usage policies
- that disable devices from being used off the network after a predefined period
- Allows administrators to remotely revoke devices exposed through theft or loss
- Helps administrators assist users remotely recover lost or forgotten passwords, without exposing the passwords to the help desk administrators
- Master key enablement allows highest level administrators to access protected devices