The new Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I350-F4 builds on Intel's extended history of excellence in Ethernet products. Intel continues its market leadership with this new generation of PCIe GbE network adapters. Built with the bridgeless Intel I350 Ethernet Controller, these adapters represent the next step in the GbE networking evolution for the enterprise and data center by introducing new levels of performance through industry-leading enhancements for both virtualized and iSCSI Unified Networking environments. This new family of adapters also includes new power management technologies such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and DMA Coalescing (DMAC). Intel Ethernet - It just works!
Flexible I/O Virtualization
The Intel Ethernet I350 adapter includes Intel Virtualization technology for connectivity to deliver I/O virtualization and Quality of Service (QoS) features designed directly into the I350 controller on the adapter. I/O virtualization advances network connectivity models used in the servers to more efficient models by providing Flexible Port Partitioning (FPP), multiple Rx/Tx queues, and on-controller QoS functionality that can be used in both virtual and non-virtual server deployments.
Scalable iSCSI performance
Intel Ethernet I350 Server Adapter with native iSCSI initiators provides a simple, dependable, cost-effective way to connect to LANs and iSCSI SANs. These native initiators are broadly tested using multiple generations of operating systems, storage systems, and OS tools to help ensure reliability and ease of use. Standardizing on Intel Ethernet for iSCSI allows administrators to use a single initiator, TCP/IP stack, and a common set of management tools and IT policies.
Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
The Intel Ethernet I350 Server Adapter family supports the IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard so that, during periods of low network activity, EEE reduces the power consumption of an Ethernet connection by negotiating with a compliant EEE switch port to transition to a low power idle (LPI) state. This reduces the controller power to approximately 50% of its normal operating power, saving power on the network port and the switch port. As soon as increased network traffic is intelligently detected, the controller on the platform and the switch quickly come back to full power to handle the increased network traffic.
DMA coalescingProduct Highlights
Another power management technology that can reduce power on the server platform is DMA Coalescing (DMAC). Typically, when a packet arrives at a server, DMA calls are made to transfer the packet within the server. These calls wake up the processor, memory and other system components from a lower power state in order to perform the tasks required to handle the incoming packet. Based on the configurable DMAC settings, incoming packets are buffered momentarily before any DMA calls are made. This enables the controller to intelligently identify opportunities to batch multiple packets together so that when components are wakened from lower power states they can efficiently handle the batched packets at the same time. This enables platform components to remain in lower power states longer, which can dramatically reduce platform energy consumption.
In The Box
- Halogen-free dual- or quad-port Gigabit Ethernet adapters
- Power management features including Energy Efficient
- Ethernet (EEE) and DMA Coalescing for increased efficiency and reduced power consumption
- Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioning and quality of service (QoS)
- Scalable iSCSI performance delivering cost-effective SAN connectivity
- High-performing bridgeless design supporting PCI Express
- Reliable and proven Gigabit Ethernet technology
- Industry-leading smallest non-bridged PCIe Gen2 quad-port 1 GbE controller
- Enables customers to take full advantage of 1 GbE by providing maximum bi-directional throughput per port on a single quad-port adapter; Enables higher bandwidth and throughput from standard and low-profile PCIe slots and servers. * For more information refer to the product brief
- Limited Lifetime
- Adapter, Adapter CD & Low Profile Bracket