Intel Parallel Advisor is an advanced threading tool for Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++ developers planning to add threading to serial or parallel applications. Providing a step-by-step proposal, Intel Parallel Advisor helps Microsoft Visual Studio C++ developers simplify, demystify, and speed parallel application design and implementation. It also evaluates the performance and correctness of that proposal, providing insight that helps you make better design decisions before major effort has been committed.
Focus on the hot call trees and loops as locations to experiment with parallelism. Developers can drill into the source code.
Insert Intel Parallel Advisor annotations into sources to describe parallel experiments. For example, you can experiment with parallelism by modeling the hot calls and loops. The survey is identified with Intel Parallel Advisor annotations.
Evaluate the performance of the parallel experiment by displaying the performance projection for each parallel site and how each site's performance impacts the entire program.
Identify data races or deadlocks errors found in the experiment. You can evaluate the data-sharing problems that prevent correct parallel execution.
Summary reportProduct Highlights
Quickly identify the parallel experiments to focus on based on projected performance gains and the number of correctness problems.
- Simplifies transitioning serial applications to parallelism and takes parallel applications to the next level
- Enables better design decisions for feature-rich applications by analyzing parallelization proposals
- Finds and addresses conflicts such as race conditions and locks - before parallelism is applied
- Compatible with any C/C++ application
- Smoothes development of standards-based, cross-platform solutions designed to scale for multicore and manycore