Keep Your Drive provides those who place the utmost importance on privacy of data the rights to physically retain their hard drive in the event of failure or replacement. Without this coverage, while a failed hard drive replacement would be covered, the failed part would become the property of Lenovo. Lenovo’s Keep Your Drive Service (KYD) lets you dispose of your data on your terms.
Assure complete privacy and security of your data by physically retaining your hard drive.
Save money by purchasing the rights to physically retain your hard drive vs. the fee to retain the drive at the time of replacement.
Keeping data confidential and protected is your responsibility. Retaining your hard drive ensures data never leaves your business.
Compliance and risk mitigation
Helps you comply with current data privacy and data retention requirements, thereby helping to mitigate civil liability risks.
By keeping failed hard drives in-house, you decide how and when to dispose of your data, on your own terms. Tracking failed hard drives in-transit becomes a non-issue. Covers multiple drives in a system and multiple failures convenience - helps reduce paper work associated with returning and tracking hard drives.
- THINKPAD PROTECTION FEATURES:
- ThinkPad protection lowers the notebook's total cost of ownership by extending its life and protecting your investment
- Quick repair and replacement of parts ensure efficient problem resolution and increase your productivity
- Service is provided by Lenovo, not a third party insurer, so instead of filing a claim, you deal with a simple repair/replacement process
- HARD DISK DRIVE RETENTION FEATURES:
- Hard Disk Drive Retention service is available at the time of system purchase, and during any period of warranty coverage
- Coverage continues for duration of system limited warranty, even if hard drive has been replaced