With the emergence of digital flat panel technology, pioneers in the display industry have developed LCDs that offer multiple times the display space of standard monitors, with extremely high pixel density. Several panels now offer the ability to display 9 million pixels (MP) worth of graphical information on a display that is just 22 inches wide - the equivalent of 4 times more data than can be viewed on a standard LCD at a resolution of 1920 x 1200. This exceptionally high resolution (3840 x 2400) can only be achieved today by combining multiple DVI channels and synchronizing them for a smooth and flawless display.
For use in any standard desktop workstation, the Matrox Parhelia HR256 is the ideal graphics accelerator for professionals using high-resolution digital flat panels for the analysis of detailed imagery and large models in fields such as mapping/satellite reconnaissance, space exploration, CAD, video post production, desktop publishing, life sciences, aerospace & automotive visualization, medical training/reference, transportation & logistics, oil & gas exploration, plant design & management, and digital photography.
The Parhelia HR256 graphics card has been specifically designed to be the ideal companion for high-resolution panel technology, ensuring high-quality, high-performance graphics. Its dual LFH-60 direct connection, with no adaptors, ensures flawless image quality and provides support for very high resolutions and optimal screen refresh rates. This distinctive graphics card features 256 MB of memory and a PCI interface with support for 33 MHz and 66 MHz buses. Genlock and frame lock capabilities are available as options.
The Parhelia HR256 graphics card ensures maximum support for 2D and 3D on 9MP panels from IBM, Viewsonic and IIyama.Product Highlights
- Support for 9 MP monitors
- 64-bit, 66 MHz PCI card compatible with all PCI and PCI-X slots
- No external adapters and no external power supply
- Matrox UltraSharp Display Output technology
- Multi-card, multi-display 2D / 3D OpenGL and Microsoft DirectX acceleration
- Matrox-certified display drivers available for leading GIS software
- Easy-to-use Matrox PowerDesk driver interface
- Display pivoting (rotation)
- Support for displays with special aspect ratios
- Support for customizable unattended installation for rapid multi-system setup