Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter is optimized for large-scale virtualization on small to large server systems and for workloads that require high levels of scalability, reliability, and availability to support large, mission-critical applications.
With unlimited virtualization use rights and a hypervisor-based virtualization technology, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter provides the flexibility and cost savings to easily run large numbers of virtualized Windows Server instances.
Server virtualization technology lets you optimize system utilization and resources and realize significant infrastructure and management cost savings. Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter provides an ideal platform for enterprise-scale virtualization. Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter features Hyper-V, a flexible high-performance hypervisor-based virtualization technology.
As organizations rapidly grow and change, IT infrastructures must remain flexible and scalable to help support, manage, and secure expanded functionality, an influx of additional users and locations, and increasingly robust applications. Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter easily scales to adapt to the increased needs of data warehousing and transaction processing. This scalability also allows for improved resource planning.
Succeeding in the global marketplace requires that remote employees and international customers and partners have around-the-clock access to information. A disruption in services can result in diminished productivity and lost opportunities. Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter offers features that enhance the availability of your applications and services, including failover clustering, dynamic hardware partitioning, and the Windows Server 2008 R2 high availability program.
Advanced identity and access managementProduct Highlights
Today, employees are doing more business in more places - and on a wider variety of devices. At the same time, information loss, whether via outright theft or accidental leakage, is a growing concern for many enterprises. To keep people productive while securely managing the flow of data across your organization through multiple devices in a security-enhanced environment, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter delivers advanced identity and access management features.
- Support for 2 terabytes of RAM
- Scalable up to 64 x64/64-bit processors
- Unlimited virtual image use rights
- Hyper-V - based unlimited virtualization
- Support for a 16-node failover cluster
- Hot add/replace memory and processors with supporting hardware
- Fault-tolerant memory synchronization
- Virtually unlimited network access service connections (RRAS and IAS)
- Virtually unlimited network policy server connections
- Virtually unlimited remote services gateway connections
- Advanced identity management
- AD rights management services
- BranchCache content server
- BranchCache hosted server
- Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Remote desktop services
- Server core support
- Server manager
- Windows Powershell 2.0