ViewNow X Server software makes it easy for Windows PC users to run memory-intensive, graphics-rich X applications such as CAD/CAM, finite element modeling, financial analysis, database administration, production planning, inventory control, and more.
Best of all, ViewNow X Server brings this extraordinary computing power to PC users at a reasonable cost. Organizations can expand access to the computing power of UNIX servers while maximizing existing investments in desktop systems. Instead of deploying more expensive UNIX workstations, organizations can install ViewNow X Server on lower-cost PCs to provide access to X applications on a high-performance UNIX server.
By leveraging the multitasking and processing power of the UNIX server, powerful X applications that require large amounts of RAM can be viewed, controlled, and manipulated from Windows desktops. From the user's perspective, the X application appears to be running locally on the PC, whereas processing actually takes place on the central UNIX system.
Much like VNC is used to control Windows devices from any location, Micro Focus ViewNow X provides the same facilities for UNIX servers. Administrators can remotely and securely access any desktop running UNIX and perform management tasks.
Many organizations utilizing offshore development face delays caused by data synchronization across long distances. Micro Focus ViewNow X eliminates these delays, enabling remote logon to UNIX servers and direct connection to the local data repository for real-time work management.
Expanded access to X applications
Windows PC users can easily run memory-intensive, graphics-rich X applications such as CAD/CAM, finite element modeling, financial analysis, database administration, production planning, inventory control, and more. While X applications appear to be running locally on the desktop, processing actually takes place on a UNIX server.
Central managementProduct Highlights
Micro Focus ViewNow X Server enables administrators to manage the Central X workspace and users' workspaces remotely. Administrators can change files used by an entire department (or group) once, then automatically deploy them to all users.
- Provides lower-cost access to high-performance UNIX applications
- Enables remote management of user workspaces and uses Microsoft Installer for consistent, seamless installation and deployment
- Supports 2D and 3D graphics application programming interface using high-end OpenGL 1.1/GLX 1.2
- Secures communication between workstations and servers by supporting SSH (Secure Shell) and Kerberos 5.0 for both authentication and encryption
- Provides seamless point-and-click Windows integration, wizards, and context-sensitive online help to simplify access to X applications
- Central management capability enables administrators to publish and update session profiles for all users from a single location