The SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service 10 is the only enterprise-class Linux operating system tailored specifically for the retail industry. It provides a reliable, flexible and open platform for point of service / point of sale terminals, kiosks, self- service systems and reverse-vending systems.
Centralized administration with local deployment
You may have a large number of stores and point of service systems to manage. SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service simplifies the management of your in-store servers and POS devices by providing centralized administration and deployment tools. Now you can build your operating system images centrally and deploy them locally, cutting down on IT management costs.
Complete solution ecosystemProduct Highlights
SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service has a strong ecosystem of hardware, application, consulting, training and support vendors ready to help retailers. Retail technology leaders support SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service to ensure world-class retail environments.
- Reduce your total cost of ownership through lower-cost software and hardware and simplified management
- Increase the flexibility of your POS devices and image building and management
- Enjoy greater reliability and uptime of your POS devices
- Utilize stronger security to prevent data loss
- Explore all vendor options; SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service is open and compatible with many systems, virtually eliminating vendor lock-in
- Obtain a complete solution through the global Novell partner ecosystem
This product can only be sold to College Students, Accredited Educational Institutions, Administrative Offices & Boards of Education, Public Libraries, and Public Museums. Students are limited to 1 copy of each product per calendar year. Students must supply either a clear copy of their student ID or a enrollment verification letter from the registrar's office, via FAX or e-mail(.jpg). Institutions must supply a signed purchase order. We cannot ship academic orders unless we receive valid credentials. Please click here for instructions.