The iConverter Gx AN Media Converter is a managed media converter that provides 1000BASE-T UTP to 1000BASE-X fiber conversion between Gigabit networking devices.
The UTP port supports auto-negotiation or forced negotiation of duplex modes and pause capability while the fiber port supports both manual or auto-negotiation.
The iConverter Gx AN features user-selectable link fault detection modes, including Link Propagate, Link Segment and Remote Fault Detection. These link modes provide rapid fault detection and isolation by monitoring the state of the cabling hardware, and operate independently of the network management.
Fixed-fiber connectors are available with multimode (MM) dual fiber, single-mode (SM) dual fiber and single-mode single-fiber (SF) options. They support ST, SC, LC and MT-RJ connectors.
The iConverter Gx AN is available as a compact, unmanaged standalone unit or as a chassis managed plug-in module.Product Highlights
- The iConverter Gx AN is an IEEE 802.3ab compatible 1000BASE-T UTP to 1000BASE-X fiber converter
- Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers with optical statistics for standard or CWDM applications
- Fixed-fiber connectors available for multimode and single-mode dual fiber and single-mode single-fiber
- UTP auto or forced negotitaion of duplex modes and pause capabilities
- Fiber port supports auto or manual negotiation
- User-selectable link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Plug-in modules are hot-swappable in 19-Module, 5-Module, 2-Module or 1-Module chassis
- LED displays for immediate visual status of each port