The 1U high iConverter 5-Module Chassis has redundant power supplies and can be mounted in a 19-inch or 23-inch rack. It is designed for Enterprise Local Area Network (LAN) and Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) applications where fault tolerance and reliability are essential.
The 5-Module Chassis features two hot-swappable redundant power supplies. Universal AC, 24VDC and 48VDC power supplies can be used in any combination. Omnitron's redundant power supplies operate in load-sharing mode to reduce the burden on each power supply to extend the lifetime and fault tolerance.
Power is provided to up to five iConverter modules via the chassis backplane. When used with an iConverter management module, the management capabilities include the ability to monitor the voltage, current and temperature of each power supply. Any out of range violation can trigger an SNMP trap to allow quick corrective maintenance.
In addition to handling the power and management data for each iConverter module, the 5-Module Chassis backplane allows sharing of Ethernet data between the individual modules. iConverter modules that are installed in adjacent slots and equipped with Ethernet backplane ports have the ability to connect to each other via the chassis' Ethernet backplane and facilitate a variety of flexible network applications including unmanaged, out-of-band managed, in-band managed and multi-port configurations.Product Highlights
- The iConverter 5-Module Chassis is 1U high and supports 19-inch or 23-inch rack mounts
- Redundant, hot-swappable AC, 24VDC and 48VDC power supplies for mission critical networks
- Up to 19 iConverter chassis can be linked and managed using a single IP address
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- All iConverter modules are hot-swappable when used with the 5-Module Chassis