The iConverter GX/T media converter is a member of the modular iConverter product family. It provides 10/100/1000 UTP copper to GigE fiber conversion and can be used as managed or unmanaged.
The GX/T is ideal in network core or Central Office (CO) applications when conversion is required from a 10/100/1000 core switch to GigE fiber and edge applications when the GigE fiber is converted back into 10/100/1000 copper and delivered to a departmental or Customer Premise (CPE) switch.
The GX/T's fiber port is available with multimode Sx-850nm, single-mode Lx-1310nm and Zx-1550nm, and single-fiber wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) at 1310/1550nm. It supports SC, MT-RJ and LC connectors.
The UTP port supports 10/100/1000 and half/full duplex auto-negotiation with both hardware and software manual override controls to set the desired speed and duplex mode.
The GX/T features two 10/100 Ethernet backplane ports to provide connectivity to adjacent modules for network expansion and for In-Band connectivity to an iConverter Network Management Module (NMM).
Advanced features include VLAN, which allows network managers control the traffic flow between the UTP, fiber and backplane ports to enhance security, and Port Access Control, which provides the ability to enable or disable individual ports to control delivery of services to customers. The GX/T also supports port level MIB statistics reporting a real-time packet statistics to provide performance and operational monitoring.
The GX/T features user-selectable Link Propagate, Link Segment, Remote Fault Detection and Symmetrical Fault Detection modes to facilitate quick fault detection, isolation, and reporting.Product Highlights
- 10/100/1000 UTP to Gigabit fiber media converter
- Conforms to 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T and 1000BASE-X specifications
- Supports VLANs, Port Access Control and MIB statistics
- Fiber port supports multimode, single-mode, and single-fiber with SC, LC and MT-RJ connectors
- Ethernet backplane ports for connectivity to adjacent modules
- User-selectable link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Modules are hot-swappable in 19-Module, 5-Module, 2-Module or 1-Module chassis