The iConverter T1/E1 MUX/M multiplexes up to sixteen T1 or E1 circuits and one 10/100/1000 Ethernet service onto a fiber optic transport link, and features remotely managed testing and configuration capabilities.
The iConverter T1/E1 MUX/M operates in a back-to-back configuration, and can be used in applications such as multiple T1/E1 extension, mobile backhaul and building-to-building PBX connectivity.
The T1/E1 copper interfaces are available in 4, 8, 12 or 16 RJ-48 port configurations for balanced T1/E1 applications. Optional adapter cables are available to convert each RJ-48 interface to a BNC interface for unbalanced E1 transport applications.
Additional hot-swappable 4-Port T1/E1 MUX modules can be installed to increase system capacity up to 16 T1/E1 ports maximum per 1U (1.75 inch) chassis.
The T1/E1 MUX/M is available with fixed-fiber or Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers, enabling easy adaptability to different fiber types, distances and wavelengths. The T1/E1 MUX/M supports multimode, single-mode, single-mode single-fiber in standard (850nm, 1310nm and 1550nm) and CWDM wavelengths.
The T1/E1 MUX/M features user-selectable local loop-back on both the copper and fiber ports, remote fiber loop-back and circuit test modes. These features facilitate testing of the remote unit, and minimize the need for test equipment and support personnel. Alarm relays and LEDs provide fault notification for loss of power, LOS and AIS.
Configuration of T1/E1 line codes, line build out, loopbacks and circuit test is accomplished via local serial port, Telnet or DIP-switches.
The 1U high iConverter T1/E1 MUX/M chassis can be mounted in a 19-inch or 23-inch rack and features two load-sharing power supplies. It supports hot-swappable universal AC, 24VDC or 48VDC power supplies for power redundancy.Product Highlights
- Multiplexes up to sixteen independent T1 or E1 circuits from copper links onto one fiber link
- 10/100/1000 copper Ethernet service multiplexed with T1/E1 circuits
- Small Form Pluggable (SFP) or fixed fiber transceivers, in standard and CWDM wavelengths
- Supports multimode, single-mode dual fiber and single-mode single-fiber
- Remotely-managed configuration and testing enables rapid deployment
- Management via local serial port or Telnet
- Configurable alarm relay contacts for audio/visual fault notification
- Supports local and remote fiber and copper loop-back modes