The iConverter XG is a 10 Gigabit, protocol-transparent media converter with two pluggable transceiver ports supporting the three R's (regeneration, retiming and reshaping). By taking advantage of the wide variety of 10G pluggable transceivers, the iConverter XG can be used as a copper-to-fiber converter, a fiber mode converter or a WDM transponder.
The iConverter XG can be used in telecom or enterprise applications where 10 Gigabit media conversion and fiber extension is required. The product supports 100% traffic throughput and has no packet size restrictions. It is protocol transparent within the range of 9.95Gbps to 11.32Gbps, providing interoperability with common protocols.
The iConverter XG is available as a compact, unmanaged standalone unit, or a chassis plug-in module that can be managed with a management module installed in the chassis. The hot-swappable, plug-in module can be mounted in a 19 or 5-module chassis with any combination of redundant AC and DC power supplies. It can also be mounted in a 2-module AC or DC powered chassis, or in a 1-module chassis with AC or DC power input.
The standalone iConverter XG is an unmanaged tabletop or wall-mount unit. The tabletop model can be DIN-rail mounted using an optional DIN-rail mounting kit. Both the tabletop and the wall-mount models are DC powered and are available with an external AC/DC power adapter, or a terminal connector for DC power.
The iConverter XG plug-in module features full management capabilities, including status reporting, fault detection, threshold violations, loopback functionality and SNMP trap notification. SNMP traps include module insertion and removal, link-up and link-down.
Built-in loopback functions, on-board status LEDs and link fault propagation modes facilitate easy setup and quick troubleshooting. Pluggable transceiver alarm conditions reported through the digital diagnostic monitoring interface are displayed by the on-board status LEDs.Product Highlights
- Protocol-transparent 10 Gigabit media converter
- Supports multimode to multimode, multimode to single-mode, single-mode to single-mode and copper to fiber conversion
- Supports WDM XFPs for transponder applications
- iConverter transceivers support SFP and XFP Digital Diagnostic Monitoring Interface (DDMI) bus
- Built-in loopback mode for installation verification and troubleshooting
- Link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- LED displays for immediate visual status of each port
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Modules are hot-swappable in 19-module, 5-module, 2-module or 1-module chassis