The SMC PENTAX-DA50-200mmF4-5.6ED WR features a designed, simplified weather-resistant construction, these zoom lenses offer excellent reliability in various outdoor applications Â - especially in rain, fog and mist.
This telephoto zoom lens covers focal lengths from 76.5mm moderate telephoto to 307mm super telephoto (in the 35mm format). Incorporating an extra-low dispersion (ED) glass optical element in its optics, it assures excellent description of the subject in various telephoto applications, including portraiture, sports/action and landscape, while effectively compensating chromatic aberration over the entire zoom range.
Simplified weather-resistant construction
The zoom lenses feature a simplified weather-resistant construction designed to minimize the intrusion of water and moisture into the lens barrel. With these lenses mounted on PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera bodies, the user is assured of improved durability and reliability during shooting in rain, fog or mist and at locations subject to a spray or splash of water.
SP coating to block dust and dirt
The front surface of these lenses is treated with PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) coating, which applies a special fluorine compound to the lens surface through a vapor deposition process. This SP coating not only effectively repels dust, water and grease, but it also makes it easy to wipe off fingerprints and cosmetics.
Digital-SLR-exclusive optical design
PENTAX has optimized the characteristics of these lenses Â - including lens coating, curvature and positioning of optical elements Â - to reproduce the finest possible digital images. As a result, they are practically free of flare and ghost images, and bring out the best in the PENTAX digital SLR camera bodies they are coupled with. Their image circle is also perfectly proportioned to the size of the image sensor used in PENTAX digital SLR cameras, helping to reduce the cameraÂ's overall size and weight and guarantee outstanding cost performance.
Quick-shift focus system for instant AF/MF switchingProduct Highlights
After the subject is captured in focus by the cameraÂ's AF system, the unique quick-shift focus system lets the photographer instantly switch to manual-focus operation for final pinpoint focus adjustment.
- Flexible 4X zoom coverage in the telephoto range
- Weather-resistant to handle damp, inclement conditions
- The PENTAX-original quick-shift focus system allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation
- An Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens element and two aspherical lens elements offer superior sharpness with minimum chromatic and spherical aberration
- The PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) coating repels dust, water and grease to keep your lens clean and your image quality at its peak
- Simple and functional design improves operability and body-based depth of field control