The Vess R2000 3U16-bay series are cutting-edge dual active-active high availability 8 Gbps FC and 1 and 10 Gbps IP SAN solutions that consolidate both block and file storage onto a single platform, providing small to medium businesses a cost-effective way to meet performance goals while simplifying administration.
The ultimate in value, flexibility, and reliability
The Vess R2000 series' brilliant design consolidates both block and file storage onto a single platform, providing SMBs a cost-effective way to meet performance goals while simplifying administration and adding flexibility. The high availability active-active Vess R2000 series is designed for data-intensive industries, including midsize to large scale surveillance installations or cloud data centers where downtime is unacceptable and where large external storage capacity, support for on-demand expansion, long retention periods, and reliable high bandwidth throughput are a must.
Optimized for your business needs
The Vess R2000 series conveniently allows users to select an operation mode optimized for video surveillance or for generic IT environments, delivering customized performance and expandable capacity for multiple storage requirements, including unstructured data, archiving and cloud data centers. With innovative features like Perfect Rebuild, which can reduce the time required to rebuild an array by more than 400%, the Vess R2000 series delivers the performance and reliability you demand for your application.
Simplifying management and supported
Simplicity and ease of use are absolutely crucial for SMBs with limited IT resources. The Vess R2000 series is designed specifically with SMBs in mind as it features One Plug Auto Service (OPAS) to reduce maintenance complexity and streamline an easier tech support workflow. Simply plug in a USB drive and the user can retrieve information about the system for tech support, upgrade firmware, reset passwords and much more.
Going the extra mile to protect your dataProduct Highlights
The Vess R2000 series CacheGuard Data Protection features, HDD Cache Backup and Advanced Battery Flash Backup, go that extra mile to ensure your data is safe in case of power loss. Delivering protection of HDD cache data and RAID controller write cache content beyond the standard 72 hour window, you can rest assured knowing your data is protected even when disaster strikes.
- Fiber Channel 8 Gbps, iSCSI 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps host connect ports
- High availability dual controller design
- Supports 6 Gbps and 3 Gbps SAS and SATA drives simultaneously
- Scale up to 112 hard disk drives via VessJBOD expansion units
- 128 iSCSI concurrent sessions per controller
- Supports IPv6
- Predictive Data Migration (PDM) - sparing out to prevent rebuilds
- PerfectRebuild - rebuild with improved recovery efficiency
- Physical drive cache backup providing comprehensive cache protection
- PerfectFlash - non-disruptive image update without system down time
- Advanced battery flash backup - Provides protection beyond the normal 72 hour backup of the RAID cache
- Support volume copy
- Power button and power resume management
- Mute alarm control
- Compact and Lightweight enclosure design
- Embedded I/O performance and power usage monitoring
- Three hot-swap redundant power supply units with 80PLUS certified
- OPAS and UPS monitor via USB
- Embedded web-based management via Ethernet - WebPAM PROe
- MAID 2.0 supported