The 2600 series adapters are QLogic's sixth generation fiber channel adapters. They boast industry-leading native fiber channel performance - achieving dual-port, line-rate, 16-Gigabit fiber channel throughput - at extremely low CPU usage with full hardware offloads. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today's powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers.
In addition, support for powerful virtualization features make this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs).
The 2600 series adapters, powered by QLogic VMflex technology, support standards-based virtualization features such as N port ID virtualization (NPIV). In addition, line rate 16Gb throughput and unmatched storage performance maximize the number of VMs that each server can support.
Superior application performance
The QLogic 2600 series of 16Gb Fiber Channel adapters consume the fewest CPU cycles to drive storage traffic at line rate across all ports. With support for over 1.2 million I/O transactions per second, QLogic adapters deliver the best storage application performance in virtualized and no virtualized environments.
The 2600 series adapters use QLogic's StarPower technology to provide maximum power efficiency. The adapters offer dynamic power management, which ensures that the PCIe host bus link uses the minimal number of PCIe lanes, regardless of whether the server supports PCIe Gen2 or Gen3, to meet the required fiber channel bandwidth.
The adapters are backward compatible with existing 4Gb and 8Gb fiber channel infrastructure. The adapters are also compatible with the same Fiber Channel software driver stack that has been tested and validated across all major hardware platforms, all major Hypervisors and OSs, and has been battle-hardened in millions of previous installations.
Simplified managementProduct Highlights
QLogic's unified management application, QConvergeConsole (QCC), provides single-pane-of-glass management for the company's broad product line of storage and networking adapters (Fiber Channel, converged networking, NIC, and iSCSI). In addition, QLogic supports all major APIs, giving the end user the flexibility to manage their QLogic Fiber Channel Adapter portfolio using third-party management tools, including a vCenter plug-in for VMware.
In The Box
- 16 Gbps per port maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage (SAN) traffic
- Over 1.2 million IOPS reduce latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling more applications (VMs) to run on a single server and Fiber Channel port
- Decreased power and cooling costs by using the fewest PCI Express lanes in PCIe Gen3 environments
- Overlapping protection domains (OPDs) to ensure the highest level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus and Fiber Channel network
- Future-proof design enables conversion to a 10GbE converged network adapter
- QLogic QLE2670-CK
- Low-profile bracket