The VS-8040 VioStor NVR maintains high stability and performance when recording the video from several megapixel IP cameras. The NVR is a standalone, Linux-based surveillance system, allowing the users to monitor up to 128 channels from multiple QNAP NVR servers without any software required. An intuitive user interface is provided for viewing the live monitoring channels, connection status, recording status, and network bandwidth, search the recording data, and play the recording data at different speed. Intelligent data search by date and time, timeline, and event is also provided. The system can be easily set up in 6 simple steps. The VS-8040 VioStor NVR is an excellent solution for high security monitoring applications.
Remote live monitoring, recording and playback
The VioStor NVR is a standalone surveillance system that supports professional grade video recording and real-time remote monitoring and playback.
Digital zoom for monitoring and playback
The VioStor NVR supports digital zoom function for more flexible monitoring and playback. It is a powerful function for megapixel IP cameras.
High performance megapixel recording
The VioStor NVR supports high performance megapixel recording from various IP cameras.
Smart control of PTZ and speed dome cameras
The VioStor NVR enables the users to adjust the PTZ cameras directly by the web user interface.
Pre-alarm and post-alarm recording
The VioStor NVR supports pre-alarm and post-alarm recording, which is used to record additional details before and after an event occurs.
E-map for easy preview of the camera location
The VioStor NVR provides exclusive E-map function for users to upload the pictures of the monitoring locations.
The VioStor NVR provides real-time monitoring as well as real-time snapshot. Users can take a snapshot of the monitoring screen anytime.
Multi-channel playback at different speed
The VioStor NVR supports playback of the recording data from different monitoring channels. It also provides the express quad view playback that you can either divide the selected time equally into four playback views or load four consecutive cameras to play.
Easy system setup in 6 steps
The VioStor NVR provides quick setup for users to complete installation in 6 simple steps.
Convenient quick link buttons of network camera
Besides configuring the network cameras by the administration interface of NVR, users can make use of the quick link buttons to access the management interface of the network cameras to configure the cameras.
Touch-N-Go PC-less installation by LCD display
The handy LCD display on the VioStor NVR provides a speedy and easy approach to initialize the NVR and set up the RAID configuration without using any computer. You can use the handy LCD to finish the first time installation in 3 simple steps. The NVR will automatically complete the hard disk formatting and RAID building.
Failover supported for network reliability
The dual LAN ports can be configured as failover which allows the VioStor NVR server to sustain the failure of one network port to provide continuous services.
The two LAN ports of the VioStor NVR can be configured as load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to boost the file transfer speed.
S.M.A.R.T. and Advanced HDD Health Scanning (HHS)
The NVR supports Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) for monitoring the hard drive status. The VioStor NVR is embedded with HHS Technology which supports disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
Intelligent automatic system startup when power recoveryProduct Highlights
The NVR supports intelligent power-on support. When enabled, the system turns on automatically when power resumes after power outage.
In The Box
- Real-time monitoring and recording from multiple network cameras
- High quality H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG recording
- Supports megapixel recording
- Easy data search by date and time, timeline, event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
- Trouble-free 6-step installation
- Smart search of IP cameras for quick configuration
- Centralized monitoring with "click-to-go" PTZ control and adjustable display mode
- Event notification on monitoring screen
- Real-time SMS and email alert
- Schedule remote replication to NAS (Network Attached Storage) for video backup
- Enhanced file security by digital watermarking
- Automatic system startup when the power resumes after power outage
- Ultra-high-end RAID to protect all the important recordings in the most secure way
- Hot-swap hard drive design
- Convenient video backup to external USB storage by one touch auto video backup button
- Two Gigabit LAN ports for failover, load-balancing, or multi-IP setting
- QNAP VioStor VS-8040
- 2 x network cable
- Software: QNAP Finder, VioStor Player