The VS-8040U-RP VioStor NVR supports hot-swap hard drive design and redundant power supply against system downtime caused by hard drive failure or power outage. Besides, the NVR supports diversified recording features and video search by intelligent video analytics (IVA), e.g. motion detection, foreign object, missing object, out of focus, and camera occlusion, etc. An intuitive user interface is provided for the users to view the monitoring screens, connection status, recording status, and network bandwidth.
The VS-8040U-RP VioStor NVR can be easily set up by the handy LCD panel or in 6 simple steps by the web-based GUI using the IE browser. It is an excellent option for central monitoring and recording of numerous network cameras in a large-scale surveillance system.
Remote live monitoring, recording and playback
The VioStor NVR is a standalone surveillance system that supports professional grade video recording and real-time remote monitoring and playback.
Digital zoom for monitoring and playback
The VioStor NVR supports digital zoom function for more flexible monitoring and playback. It is a powerful function for megapixel IP cameras.
You can connect to the VioStor NVR and add other QNAP NVR servers to monitor up to 128 channels from a remote PC over LAN or WAN.
High performance megapixel recording
The VioStor NVR supports high performance megapixel recording from various IP cameras.
Smart control of PTZ and speed dome cameras
The VioStor NVR enables the users to adjust the PTZ cameras directly by the web user interface.
Event notification on monitoring
When alarm recording is enabled and an event occurs, an alarm icon is shown instantly on monitoring page. You can click the icon to view the alert details.
Pre-alarm and post-alarm recording
The VioStor NVR supports pre-alarm and post-alarm recording, which is used to record additional details before and after an event occurs.
E-map for easy preview of the camera location
The VioStor NVR provides exclusive E-map function for users to upload the pictures of the monitoring locations.
The VioStor NVR provides real-time monitoring as well as real-time snapshot. Users can take a snapshot of the monitoring screen anytime.
Multi-channel playback at different speed
The VioStor NVR supports playback of the recording data from different monitoring channels. It also provides the express quad view playback that you can either divide the selected time equally into four playback views or load four consecutive cameras to play.
Easy system setup in 6 steps
The VioStor NVR provides quick setup for users to complete installation in 6 simple steps.
Intuitive web-based user interface
All system configurations, monitoring, and playback can be finished by the web-based interface.
Convenient quick link buttons of network camera
Besides configuring the network cameras by the administration interface of NVR, users can make use of the quick link buttons to access the management interface of the network cameras to configure the cameras
Touch-N-Go PC-less installation by LCD display
The handy LCD display on the VioStor NVR provides a speedy and easy approach to initialize the NVR and set up the RAID configuration without using any computer. You can use the handy LCD to finish the first time installation in 3 simple steps. The NVR will automatically complete the hard disk formatting and RAID building.
S.M.A.R.T. and Advanced HDD Health Scanning (HHS)
The VioStor NVR supports Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) for monitoring the hard drive status. The VioStor NVR is embedded with HHS Technology which supports disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
Intelligent automatic system startup when power recovery
The VioStor NVR supports intelligent power-on support. When enabled, the system turns on automatically when power resumes after power outage.
Powerful authority management
To improve the security of the VioStor NVR, the user access control feature is strengthened. The users can be assigned to different user groups. Different rights of monitoring, playback, PTZ control and audio monitoring can be assigned to individual user.
Auto logoffProduct Highlights
QNAP NVR supports automatic user logoff from idling configuration pages. The administrator can set the timeout period to log off the users when the idling time has reached in order to enhance secure management of the NVR.
In The Box
- Real-time monitoring and recording (video/audio) from multiple network cameras
- Supports streaming from network cameras and servers
- High quality H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG recording
- Supports megapixel recording
- Multi-server monitoring: supports monitoring of up to 128 channels
- Easy data search by date and time, timeline, event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
- Trouble-free 6-step installation
- Smart search of IP cameras for quick configuration
- Centralized monitoring with "click-to-go" PTZ control and adjustable display mode
- The display order of the monitoring channels can be changed by drag and drop
- Event notification on monitoring screen
- Real-time SMS and email alert
- Schedule remote replication to NAS (Network Attached Storage) for video backup
- Unique online user list function and access authority control
- Enhanced file security by digital watermarking
- Automatic system startup when the power resumes after power outage
- Two Gigabit LAN ports for failover, load-balancing, or multi-IP setting
- QNAP VioStor VS-8040U-RP NVR
- Manual, software, cables, mounting kit
- 2 x network cable
- Software: QNAP Finder, VioStor Player