As increasing amounts of data and content are getting stored over longer periods of time, how do you know the data will be available when needed? Are you confident that data that has sat untouched for years is still restorable?
This problem is common to most organizations that retain their data for long periods of time. Whether the need is archiving primary data, retention for legal compliance, or a creating copy for disaster recovery, customers are asking for a way to monitor the health of their valuable data over long retention periods.
EDLM solves this problem by enabling users to proactively check the health of data on tape cartridges and thereby avoiding the risk of losing data on cartridges showing signs of failure. EDLM supports all LTO-2 through LTO-5 cartridges, allowing users to scan cartridges already in long-term storage.
EDLM is very easy to use. Users can set policies to automate the data integrity scanning process. This automation eliminates the need for user intervention, saving users time. In addition, e-mail notifications can be configured to immediately inform you when your data is at risk.Product Highlights
- Increased confidence in retrieving content from tape
- Automated process minimizes user intervention, saves time, improves reliability
- No impact to production operations because it uses offline library partition
- Scan results automatically trigger the appropriate actions and communications
- Results are presented in a color coded easy to understand display