Quantum Lattus object storage solutions offer an excellent, more scalable architecture with redundancy algorithms to maintain this data long-term, while allowing the efficient and immediate access required extract the data's maximum value at any time. Lattus solutions are built on a next-generation object storage architecture, which allows disk archives to easily scale to hundreds of petabytes, and use error correction algorithms to provide far greater durability than RAID.
Lattus-M is ideal for big data environments that include multiple tiers of storage, from primary file system environments storage to active archiving to tape. Lattus-M extends StorNext by migrating files targeted for archive from high-performance storage to Lattus storage, while allowing users to retain access directly from the StorNext File System. Lattus-M is also compatible with StorNext environments that include tape such as the StorNext AEL archives.
The Lattus-M base system scales easily by adding Lattus storage and controller nodes, managing up to 1 billion files per StorNext metadata controller. Lattus-M is integrated with StorNext Storage Manager to manage data migration between storage tiers. With Lattus-M, your team members can access files quickly and easily, regardless of storage tier, and you can be assured the files will be there with minimal oversight or maintenance.Product Highlights
- Extreme scalability - scales from a hundred terabytes to hundreds of petabytes
- Durable with self-healing - offers extreme durability to protect against data loss and virtually eliminate unscheduled maintenance
- Power of StorNext tiered storage - purpose-built for StorNext environments, integrated with StorNext storage man for policy-based file migration
- High-speed, heterogeneous access - data can be flexibly archived into Lattus via CIFS, NFS, StorNext storage manager or HTTP REST, including with Amazon S3 support
- Reduced management costs - schedule drive replacements periodically versus immediately when they fail
- Lower power and cooling costs - Lattus drives lower capital and operating costs by requiring less power and cooling
- Self-migrating - innovative algorithms simplify upgrades to storage technologies
- Multi-geo support - data may be spread across multiple geographically dispersed sites
Please note that this is the European model; please check the power requirements for this product. Please contact us at 1-866-469-2678 if you have any questions.