Red Hat Network is an easy-to-use systems management platform for your Linux infrastructure. It is built on open standards and uses a web-based graphical interface. Its services are provided through modules that allow you to add enhanced management capabilities. Red Hat Network provides simple tools to efficiently manage the life cycle of systems on your network, including provisioning new systems, managing their updates and configuration changes, monitoring system performance, and eventually re-deploying the systems for a new purpose.
The Monitoring Module allows you to track the performance of your and receive alerts regarding system performance, allowing you to take action before problems arise.
Dozens of checks can be run against each system. These checks can monitor such areas as memory, disk usage, and network services.
Checks can be set up to monitor the performance of popular applications including Oracle, MySQL, BEA, and Apache.
Easily create custom checks that track valuable information about your applications.
Create groups of probes for fast deployment and improved consistency.
Alerts resulting from systems entering warning and critical states can be sent to email or pager addresses. Each alert notification can be sent to a different address.
The results of all probes are summarized in a single status page, with the systems affected broken down by state.
By selecting a probe and identifying the desired metric and a range of time, you can generate graphs and event logs depicting precisely how the check has performed.
- Monitor systems using dozens of pre-built probes for enterprise Linux systems and popular applications
- Create custom probes for applications not included in the pre-built probe set
- Configure warning and critical thresholds for each probe
- Receive email or pager alerts when thresholds are reached
- Group probes together into probe suites for fast deployment
- View graphs of probe performance over time