The UltraCable is a high resolution, all-in-one cable that incorporates keyboard, video, and mouse connectivity into a single cable. Superior cable management is achieved by using a single cable jacket. You reduce cable bulk and route one cable, not three.
Cable stress, which can prevent accidental disconnect, is relieved in two ways. The DB25 connector secures to the switch with thumbscrews. The keyboard and mouse connectors originate from the video connector which secures to the computer.
The UltraCable is engineered to prevent crosstalk between adjacent signals. It uses double shielded coax construction. Each end uses an internal metal can with a 360 degree solder weld to the connector. This provides maximum video resolution and reduction of EMI.
They also make the most sense when used with multi-platform products because to support different platforms you change the cable not the switch. Using three separate cables is more commonly used in smaller PC-only installations, such as with the Rose Vista product family which offers both DB25 and PC connector models.
For distances greater than 100 feet, the UltraCable interfaces with ViewLink, which easily extends KVMs to 250 feet from computers; and CrystalView, which extend KVMs up to 1, 000 feet away with a single CAT5 twisted pair cable.Product Highlights
- UltraCable for superior management solutions
- All-in-one design reduces cable stress and guards against accidental disconnect
- Double-shielded, metal can construction
- Convenient, flexible, simple to use
- Reduces cable bulkiness
- Streamlines cable system installations
- Prevents mistakes of accidentally interchanging the connectors with those intended for another computer
- Makes cable systems easy to manage, from install to upgrades and expansion
- Universal to most Rose switches reducing system expansions and upgrade costs