Capacity and high-definition video
While most people would first associate HD video with entertainment, HD surveillance video is also responsible for a massive amount of capacity demand in the worldwide storage market. One of the fundamental enablers of HD surveillance video is affordable, reliable and high-capacity storage.
Seagate AcuTrac technology delivers accurate, reliable performance
SV35 series hard drives now leverage extremely small tracks, measuring a mere 75 nanometers in width, while delivering reliable read-write functionality, even in higher-vibration environments. Seagate AcuTrac servo technology makes this nano-sized track pitch possible, providing accurate read-write data capability with fast 7200-RPM performance.
Surveillance-optimized and feature-richProduct Highlights
SV35 series drives are tuned and tested for the rigors of a video surveillance workload, which is characterized by high write frequency in an always-on environment. In addition, specific features allow integrators to fine-tune the storage solution to optimize and manage power, monitor and manage temperature, or even characterize reads and writes for data or video payloads.
- A hard drive series tested and tuned for high write-cycle workloads typical in video surveillance storage systems
- 24 x 7 operational capabilities while maintaining high MTBF of 1M hours
- Performance driven by a 7200-RPM base platform, with 64 MB DDR2 DRAM and optimized write caching surveillance algorithms
- 1TB-per-disk technology takes your surveillance storage further with lower cost/GB to support HD resolutions, enhanced performance and best-in-class support
- Seagate AcuTrac servo technology provides accurate read-write operation even in challenging operating environments
- 2A current-limited startup to support the use of embedded system power supplies
- Spin control features enable power-on in standby mode or drive spin-down to conserve power and improve reliability during archival periods