Improves storage efficiency
The Savvio 10K.5 drive is the highest-capacity 2.5-inch, 10 K drive and the first SFF drive platform to offer four capacity points on a single SFF platform. This drive enables OEMs, system builders and end users to improve storage efficiency by providing up to 900 GB in a single drive, helping data centers manage more data without increasing the number of drives, all while increasing sustained data rates by 18% (over previous generation) and maintaining favorable power consumption rates.
Reduces costs and complexity
The Savvio 10K.5 drive reduces system complexity by standardizing on a common form factor, storage interface and encryption technology. This means fewer device types, form factors, interfaces and security technologies need to be deployed, inventoried and managed.
Enables smoother transitions
OEMs and data centers have the flexibility to maintain or upgrade capacity, transition from 3.5-inch to 2.5-inch form factors, and/or migrate from Fibre Channel to SAS drives in one or more steps. With four capacity points on the same drive platform, the Savvio 10K.5 drive enables easier support for current systems and optimized return on existing investments.
Protects dataProduct Highlights
Protection Information and Self-Encrypting Drive options protect data from corruption during the storage process and from exposure should the device by lost, stolen, or retired - helping organizations meet compliance and data security objectives.
- Improves storage efficiency with 50% increase in capacity and 18% increase in sustained data rate performance over previous generation
- Delivers the highest-capacity 2.5-inch, 10K-RPM hard drive to manage more data without increasing the number of drives
- First SFF drive platform to offer four capacity points on a single platform
- PowerChoice technology for T10-compliant power management enables IT organizations to tailor systems for performance and power consumption
- Reduces system design, qualification and inventory costs for OEMs
- Enables data centers to better manage hard drive form factor, capacity and interface transitions
- Protection Information (PI) protects against inadvertent data change
- Seagate Unified Storage architecture reduces complexity and costs by converging disparate interfaces, form factors and security standards