It never fails. The one time the CEO decides to open a file that lives on the network everything is moving in slow motion. Even though your buddies in accounting are streaming music and the sales guys are Rick Rolling each other over the network, this is on you. But not to worry, SolarWinds has the answer.
Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer enables you to capture flow data from continuous streams of network traffic and convert those raw numbers into easy-to-interpret charts and tables that quantify exactly how the corporate network is being used, by whom and for what purpose. You'll never again "take one for the team" - unless you want to.
Detailed traffic analysis
NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) provides you with unprecedented views into network traffic, enabling you to proactively ensure that you are optimizing network resources. By examining flow data on routers and switches from leading vendors, NTA determines traffic by user, application, department, conversation, interface, protocol and type of service. Integration with Orion provides users with the extensive drill down across traffic patterns and into device performance, resulting in deep visibility into usage, performance, and availability statistics.
Enterprise-wide traffic summary
Through an easy-to-read summary page, NTA identifies the top talkers and top applications across your entire network, enabling you to always know who is using the most network bandwidth and to prevent performance issues by proactively monitoring these users and applications.
Native Orion integration
NTA is built on the mature Orion platform, providing users with all of the enterprise scalability and stability benefits of Orion. Additionally, NTA incorporates NetFlow traffic into Orion's familiar and intuitive web-based charts, graphs, tables, top 10 lists, and reports, providing a fully integrated view into your network's health through a single console.
NTA makes it quick and easy to investigate and isolate excessive network bandwidth utilization and unexpected application traffic, as well as analyze QoS performance by user, group, application, country, or protocol.
QoS performance views
With NTA, you can view network traffic segmented by class of service methods, such as type of service or DSCP. Plus, you can quickly quantify the amount of bandwidth each of your critical QoS levels is consuming, including voice and video data, to determine if your network is configured to meet company goals.
Flow-based reportingProduct Highlights
Orion-style reports can be run and scheduled with NTA, making it fast and simple to create in-depth network traffic reports with a few mouse clicks or schedule automatic weekly delivery to your management team.
- Monitors network traffic by capturing flow data from network devices, including Cisco NetFlow v5 or v9, Juniper J-Flow, and sFlow
- Quickly and easily identifies which users, applications, and protocols are consuming the most network bandwidth
- Accelerates pinpointing the cause of network over-utilization and highlights the IP addresses of the top talkers on the network
- Provides historical trends for WAN and LAN bandwidth usage to determine whether additional bandwidth needs to be purchased
- Generates network traffic reports with just a few clicks
- Enables you to optimize network resources to make the most of your bandwidth
- Monitors Quality of Service (QoS) metrics to verify that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met
- Isolates current or historic suspicious traffic