Sony's advanced MO disks offer quick access and reduced cost per megabyte. They help satisfy the growing backup and near-line storage needs of data libraries and network environments, including video server, multimedia, CAD/CAM, medical images, and pre-press applications.
The recording layer in Sony MO disks features a Wide Margin design to accommodate variations in laser power in a broad range of usage environments. High precision stamper and substrate molding technology contribute to consistently stable performance. High output is maintained even after 10-million erase/write/playback cycles, and estimated archival life is over 50 years, making these MO disks suitable for long-term storage.
Ideal for auto-changers, Sony's original cartridge design and robust parts achieve durability that withstands 100, 000 insertion cycles per side. An original anti-static hard coat guards the disk surface against dust and scratches.Product Highlights
- Maximum data transmission of 6MB/s and average seek time of 25 milliseconds
- High-speed Sony MO disks spin at hard-disk speeds, so files can be accessed in milliseconds
- Non-contact read/write and Sony materials science gives a 50-year archival life with over 10 million read/write cycles and 1 billion reads
- Drive Information: www.Sony.StorageSupport.com
- Sony Warranty Program
- Sony Storage Rewards Program