The SP500 series is a highly sophisticated entry level product range. It is capable of an incredibly fast output, printing 40 columns at 4 lines per second, or racing through 58mm paper at 7.5 lines per second. This printer series has a bi-directional, logic seeking mechanism resulting in an exceptional throughout outpacing its nearest competition.
The compact footprint of just 163mm by 140mm is further enhanced by its internal power supply - no "brick on a rope" for this printer. This efficiency is further shown in the highly effective cable management system allowing the interface and internal power supply cables to be neatly tucked away behind a protective cove. With safety in mind, Star has included internal guttering and a liquid repellant cover.
The SP500 is capable of printing 40 columns at a fast 4 lines per second, while it races through 58mm paper at an amazing 7.5 lines per second - speeds unmatched by its nearest rival.
Vertical or horizontal operation
Who doesn't have a space problem? Well the answer is simple, the SP500 works just as well in a vertical position as it does horizontally! What other receipt printer of this quality has a footprint of just 163mm by 140mm?
Highlighting text facility
The SP500 has four ways to highlight important text. Just use the standard two color text commands in Star mode and choose from reversed text, large reversed text, upper and underlined text and double height upper and underlined text.
High throughputProduct Highlights
Speed alone is not what the retailer needs; it's throughput that counts and cuts the queues. The SP500 is bi-directional and logic seeking, resulting in an exceptional throughput, outpacing its closest competition.
- High speed, logic seeking, 9-pin quality matrix printer
- Competitively priced with unmatched price/performance ratio
- Drop-In and Insert" easy paper loading
- Adjustable 58mm or 76mm paper widths for media up to 0.10mm
- Space saving vertical or horizontal operation
- Internal universal power supply with IEC socket
- Spill resistant design for bar/kitchen environments with cable and power switch covers
- 6 position black mark sensor
- Emphasized font capabilities
- High reliability