Housed within a 19" industry-standard rack, SuperBlade servers reduce server footprint in the data center. Power, cooling and networking devices are aggregated in the rear of the chassis, which optimizes the required amount of space.
Up to ten blade servers can be installed in a 7U chassis. Compared to the 10U of rack space that ten 1U servers would normally require as individual servers, the SuperBlade provides about 40% improved density with up to 60 total servers in a 42U rack.
The SuperBlade server chassis enclosure greatly simplifies the cabling process by aggregating cabling of ten servers at once. Up to 70% of network, power, and KVM cabling required for ten 1U servers are reduced by moving to blade servers in a single chassis. These cabling reductions continue across networking, SAN connectivity, and management controllers.
Reducing the number of cables speeds up the deployment of servers and helps reduce troubleshooting issues by presenting fewer physical connections to the servers.Product Highlights
- Up to 10 hot-plug server blades
- Supports both Intel and AMD based blades
- Up to two hot-plug 4 x DDR IB switches with built-in management module
- Up to two hot-plug Gigabit Ethernet switches
- Up to two hot-plug management modules providing remote KVM and IPMI 2.0 functionalities
- One management module comes standard with each enclosure
- Up to four hot-swap power supplies, N+1 redundant
- 16 cooling fans