Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers reliable backup and recovery designed for your growing business. Easily protect more data while you reduce storage and management costs through integrated deduplication and archiving technology. Reduce business downtime, ensure critical information on virtual or physical systems is always protected and restored in seconds.
Easily reduce backup data storage costs while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments. Backup Exec Deduplication Option (using Netbackup Puredisk technology) provides integrated and customizable deduplication offering to optimize any backup strategy with: client deduplication (deduplicates data at source or remote server), media server deduplication (deduplicates data at media server), appliance deduplication (integrates with OpenStorage deduplication appliances) or a deduplicated backup set copy (deduplicates data from remote offices to headquarters).
Comprehensive backup and recovery
Symantec Backup Exec 2010 offers a comprehensive backup and recovery solution in one product suite, which reduces the complexity of protecting your company's most valuable asset -its data. Whether that data resides on a Windows file server; on a desktop; virtual server; or on a critical application server like Exchange, SQL, or SharePoint, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 provides full protection and recovery for both data and systems. Designed to meet the growing needs of today's businesses, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers comprehensive disk or tape data protection and recovery for Windows environments. Backup Exec provides integrated deduplication and archiving, plus, continuous data protection - eliminating backup windows altogether, speeding up data recovery, and enabling end users to recover their own files without IT intervention. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 also delivers patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology allowing businesses to recover data in seconds, including business-critical information such as individual email messages, folders, and documents, from a single backup.
Proven and reliableProduct Highlights
Symantec Backup Exec is based on over two decades of proven, Microsoft certified engineering. The innovative architecture fully incorporates Microsoft design standards, helping to ensure 100 percent compatibility with the latest Microsoft Windows Server. Backup Exec also provides added security with flexible 128-bit or 265-bit AES encryption across the network or off to storage devices so critical data is secure whether in transit or at rest. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers an easy to mange interface and calendar view to quickly track and monitor backup and recovery jobs. In addition, Backup Exec simplifies installation and backups with its Pre-Install Environment Checker, which highlights any potential issues before the software is installed. With its Job Test Run, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 will identify potential problems that cause job failures, and then notify the administrator so that corrective action can be taken. Realize further benefits with automatic discovery of new resources, which enables administrators to create a job for detecting new, unprotected resources that are at risk and in need of backup. All of these tools reduce the time and resources needed to install and run Backup Exec, while improving overall backup performance.
- Save time and storage costs
- Minimize backup Windows
- Operational simplicity fully integrated into Backup Exec
- Easily adaptable to your environment
- Market leading data protection for physical and virtual server environments from desktop to servers
- First-to-market granular recovery for virtual applications
- Patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) recovers critical Microsoft application data in seconds
- Centralized 3-tier set-up, reporting and patch management
- Continuous data protection for Exchange, file Servers, SQL servers and desktop data
- Innovative multi-product integration with market leading technologies
- Optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments with integrated deduplication technology
- Easily automate storage and management savings with efficient archiving and backup through a single console
- Easy manage a local or distributed backup environment through a single console
- Eliminate your backup window and help ensure recovery point objectives are easily met with continuous backup protection