Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers reliable backup and recovery designed for your growing business. Easily protect more data while you reduce storage and management costs through integrated deduplication and archiving technology. Reduce business downtime, ensure critical information on virtual or physical systems is always protected and restored in seconds.
The Remote Agent for NetWare Servers incorporates remote NetWare server data protection and recovery into daily backup and recovery activities. This agent offers 100 percent SMS compatibility and NDS bindery information for NetWare servers. Exclusive Agent Accelerator technology helps maximize backup and recovery performance by providing source-level compression and distributed processing to reduce network traffic and maximize throughput.
Comprehensive backup and recovery
Symantec Backup Exec 2010 offers a comprehensive backup and recovery solution in one product suite, which reduces the complexity of protecting your company's most valuable asset - its data. Whether that data resides on a Windows file server; on a desktop; virtual server; or on a critical application server like Exchange, SQL, or SharePoint, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 provides full protection and recovery for both data and systems. Designed to meet the growing needs of today's businesses, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers comprehensive disk or tape data protection and recovery for Windows environments. Backup Exec provides integrated deduplication and archiving, plus, continuous data protection - eliminating backup windows altogether, speeding up data recovery, and enabling end users to recover their own files without IT intervention. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 also delivers patent-pending Granular Recovery technology allowing businesses to recover data in seconds, including business-critical information such as individual email messages, folders, and documents, from a single backup.
Proven and reliableProduct Highlights
Symantec Backup Exec is based on over two decades of proven, Microsoft certified engineering. The innovative architecture fully incorporates Microsoft design standards, helping to ensure 100 percent compatibility with the latest Microsoft Windows Server. Backup Exec also provides added security with flexible 128-bit or 265-bit AES encryption across the network or off to storage devices so critical data is secure whether in transit or at rest. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers an easy to mange interface and calendar view to quickly track and monitor backup and recovery jobs. In addition, Backup Exec simplifies installation and backups with its pre-install environment checker, which highlights any potential issues before the software is installed. With its job test run, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 will identify potential problems that cause job failures, and then notify the administrator so that corrective action can be taken. Realize further benefits with automatic discovery of resources, which enables administrators to create a job for detecting new, unprotected resources that are at risk and in need of backup.
- Reduce storage costs while optimizing network utilization through integrated deduplication and archiving technology
- First-to-market granular recovery for Exchange, SQL and Active Directory environments running in a VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environment
- Comprehensive disk and tape storage for the physical and virtual server systems though one console including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual systems
- Reduce storage requirements and recovery times with patent-pending granular data recovery of leading Microsoft applications, including Exchange, SharePoint and Active Directory
- Easily update and manage a growing Backup Exec infrastructure throughout a Windows datacenter, distributed throughout the network or at remote offices from one console
- Eliminate the backup window and ensure recovery point objectives are easily met for exchange, file servers and desktop data with continuous data protection