Symantec Backup Exec delivers market leading backup and recovery protection from server to desktop. Easily protect more data while you reduce storage costs and improve backup performance through integrated deduplication and archiving technology. Reduce business downtime with unmatched technology that recovers critical Microsoft applications and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments in seconds. Meet your recovery point objectives with continuous data protection to ensure reliable recovery of an entire application and efficiently restore a granular email or individual file/folder.
Symantec Backup Exec also delivers centralized management to easily extend your backup infrastructure across a distributed environment and remote offices so your server and desktop data protection is easily managed from a central office as your business grows. Efficiently manage both Windows and non-Windows systems through a single console. Overall, Backup Exec is designed to readily optimize any Windows data protection strategy - helping you protect more data while utilizing less storage - overall saving you time and money.
Comprehensive backup and recovery
Symantec Backup Exec offers a comprehensive backup and recovery solution in one product suite, which reduces the complexity of protecting your company's most valuable asset - its data. Whether that data resides on a Windows file server; on a desktop; virtual server; or on a critical application server like Exchange, SQL, or SharePoint, Symantec Backup Exec provides full protection and recovery for both data and systems. Designed to meet the growing needs of today's businesses, Symantec Backup Exec delivers comprehensive disk or tape data protection and recovery for Windows environments. Symantec Backup Exec also delivers patent-pending Granular Recovery technology allowing businesses to recover data in seconds, including business-critical information such as individual email messages, folders, and documents, from a single backup.
Proven and reliableProduct Highlights
Symantec Backup Exec is based on over two decades of proven, Microsoft certified engineering. The architecture fully incorporates Microsoft design standards, helping to ensure 100 percent compatibility with the Microsoft Windows Server. Backup Exec also provides added security with flexible 128-bit or 265-bit AES encryption across the network or off to storage devices so critical data is secure whether in transit or at rest. Symantec Backup Exec delivers an easy to mange interface and calendar view to quickly track and monitor backup and recovery jobs. With its Job Test Run, Symantec Backup Exec will identify potential problems that cause job failures, and then notify the administrator so that corrective action can be taken. Realize further benefits with automatic discovery of resources, which enables administrators to create a job for detecting unprotected resources that are at risk and in need of backup. All of these tools reduce the time and resources needed to install and run Backup Exec, while improving overall backup performance.
- Reduce storage costs while optimizing network utilization through integrated deduplication and archiving technology
- Comprehensive disk and tape storage for the physical and virtual server systems though one console including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual systems
- Reduce storage requirements and recovery times with patent-pending granular data recovery of leading Microsoft applications, including Exchange, SharePoint and Active Directory
- Protect non-Windows servers and maximize performance of supported NDMP filers and SAN environments through scalable remote agents and options
- Easily update and manage a growing Backup Exec infrastructure throughout a Windows datacenter, distributed throughout the network or at remote offices from one console
- Enhanced Virtual Tape Library (VTL) support and licensing, easily protect a VTL storage environment as a unique device and view valid VTL functions with licensing per VTL environment
- Enhanced installation and backup wizards reduce the time and complexity of setting up your backup environment
- Backup recommendation tool identifies potential gaps in your Windows backup strategy and provides recommendations on the agent(s) required to ensure complete data protection
This product is media ONLY; it does not include any licenses. The Manufacturer of this product requires that licenses are purchased together with this product. Orders placed without matching licenses will unfortunately be canceled.