Removable storage devices are now common in offices everywhere and anywhere that today's mobile workers go. The proliferation of inexpensive USB thumb drives, portable hard drives, MP3 players, iPods, digital cameras, mobile phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), and CD/DVD burners puts organizations' data and business at risk. Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition addresses the operational issues that enterprises encounter when deploying a solution to protect data on removable storage devices from the loss or theft, enabling organizations to benefit from the productivity gains associated with removable storage without putting data at risk.
Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition solution is flexible-delivering the capability to encrypt data by policy on any storage device or media, allowing employees to safely transport and use data on portable media, and to securely distribute data via email. To speed adoption and acceptance, enterprises also need to ensure a non-disruptive user experience that protects data while having minimal impact on the way employees work. Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition delivers this with capabilities such as shared workgroup keys that require no user intervention when data is written, and options for user registration that require little or no user interaction. To minimize deployment, management, training, rollout, and support requirements, Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition makes maximum use of existing infrastructure through its native Microsoft Active Directory integration as well Novell eDirectory support within a single management console. By leveraging accepted and proven enterprise software industry standard technologies, Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition makes endpoint data protection across the enterprise simple to deploy and cost-effective to manage.Product Highlights
- Prevents unauthorized access to information on lost or stolen removable storage devices
- Helps achieve compliance with governmental data protection directives and regulations
- Automatic, on-demand, and content-driven encryption of removable storage
- Extensive device and media support, including external hard drives, flash drives, CD/DVD media, floppy drives, and flash memory modules
- Built-in CD/DVD burning application for creating encrypted optical media
- Password or smart card-based authentication
- Policy-based control for file type and device exclusions
- Self-decrypting archives for secure, one-way distribution of encrypted files
- Streamlines deployment and notification with the included integration component for the Symantec management platform
- Includes Microsoft Active Directory-integrated enterprise management console
- Supports Microsoft Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, and non-domain endpoints
- Provides extensive built-in compliance reporting with a custom report generator
This product can only be sold to College Students, Accredited Educational Institutions, Administrative Offices & Boards of Education, Public Libraries, and Public Museums. Students are limited to 1 copy of each product per calendar year. Students must supply either a clear copy of their student ID or a enrollment verification letter from the registrar's office, via FAX or e-mail(.jpg). Institutions must supply a signed purchase order. We cannot ship academic orders unless we receive valid credentials. Please click here for instructions.