Symantec Enterprise Vault is an archiving platform that bridges the gap between legal and IT by adding intelligence to the way organizations store, manage, and discover information. As the industry's most widely-deployed archiving solution, Enterprise Vault deduplicates information, reduces backup and storage costs, and enables a repeatable and defensible discovery process.
Licensing this connector provides ability to read and index encrypted content enabling Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator to discover and review Journal content. Specifically this license enables Enterprise Vault to decrypt content secured by Microsoft Rights Management Sever, PGP encryption added by PGP Desktop (including Universal Server) and Enterprise Rights Management protections added by LiquidMachines Document Control. This feature can be licensed as an add-on Option. It is licensed Per User, based on the total number of current Active Users whose email will be decrypted from Microsoft RMS protection, PGP protection or Liquid Machines RMS (typically equal to number of users whose email will be archived).Product Highlights
- Automatic Mailbox Management frees users from quota frustrations without compromising Exchange performance and reliability
- Eliminates .pst and .nsf headaches and removes the problems of backup, security, stability, and storage consumption inherent to these types of files
- Centralized management of email content ensures faster backup of Exchange and Domino servers and controlled recovery in the event of a disaster
- Archiving enables the retrieval of email content and corporate documents to meet legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Eliminate mailbox quotas and message size restrictions. Provide users with a mailbox of virtually unlimited size while controlling message storage growth
- Migrate all existing .pst file data into the archive, enabling IT to effectively achieve .pst file eradication
- Speed up backup and restore times of Exchange, Domino, and file server environments by reducing the online message store by 50 to 75 percent through archiving
- Retain a copy of all email messages sent and received, ensuring they are kept for the appropriate period of time to meet regulatory and legal retention requirements
This product can only be sold to College Students, Accredited Educational Institutions, Administrative Offices & Boards of Education, Public Libraries, and Public Museums. Students are limited to 1 copy of each product per calendar year. Students must supply either a clear copy of their student ID or a enrollment verification letter from the registrar's office, via FAX or e-mail(.jpg). Institutions must supply a signed purchase order. We cannot ship academic orders unless we receive valid credentials. Please click here for instructions.