Symantec Ghost Solution Suite Server 2.5 provides rapid and reliable Windows Vista migration. Ghost is the industry's most widely-used corporate imaging, deployment and system management solution. Ghost can assist in all phases of Vista migration and enhances Microsoft's own best practices by providing a single management console in addition to significantly accelerated imaging and deployment.
The industry's most widely-used corporate imaging, deployment and management solution includes easy-to-use imaging and deployment, OS and user data and settings migration, software distribution, hardware and software inventory, and secure system retirement.
DeployAnywhere technology reduces disk image proliferation and maintenance through hardware independent imaging that automatically detects and injects drivers which match your target hardware configuration.
Hot imaging automatically refreshes images from a live reference machine prior to deploying the image thereby reducing the risk of stale, out-of-date images. Hot imaging also images directly from a reference machine to an endpoint without any intermediate image creation step.
Logical volume support
Logical volume support decreases imaging time by capturing images across Windows or Linux logical volumes that span multiple disks or partitions.
Support for additional imaging formatsProduct Highlights
Support for additional imaging formats including VMware disk image format (VMDK), Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR), and PowerQuest (PQi).
- DeployAnywhere technology creates hardware-independent imaging
- Create base images from a live system using hot imaging
- Single centralized management console for management of all migration tasks
- Built-in Vista inventory filters for identification and targeting of 'Vista ready' machines
- Hardware and software inventory for efficiently managing image and software deployments
- Enhance and leverage Microsoft's own best practices for Vista migration
- Simplify image management by creating fewer images
- Multicast accelerates deployments and reduces overall network traffic
- Accelerated imaging compared to standard OS tools using market proven technology
- Recognize significant cost and time savings when imaging, deploying, migrating, and managing systems