The Symantec NetBackup platform simplifies the protection of your information-driven enterprise by automating advanced technologies and standardizing operations across applications, platforms, and virtual environments. That means being able to protect completely, store efficiently, recover anywhere, and manage centrally across heterogeneous operating systems and storage hardware including tape and disk. Integrated deduplication, replication, and patent-pending virtual machine protection helps customers improve storage efficiency, infrastructure use, and recovery times. A single console offers multi-site monitoring, analytics, and reporting, which allows customers to standardize operations and risk management.
Heterogeneous data protection
Protection across heterogeneous operating systems, applications, hypervisors, and both disk and tape architectures.
Increase efficiencies by managing all data protection technologies and multiple NetBackup servers and domains from one location.
Source and target data deduplication
Easily deploy and manage deduplication wherever needed, from remote offices to the data center.
Deep integration with storage appliances
The NetBackup OpenStorage API enables centralized management of deduplication and replication.
Complete and simple virtual machine protection
Backup and recovery for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
Fast, granular recovery of data from applications and hypervisors
Quickly restore files, emails and other granular items from Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Active Directory and for hypervisors such as VMware and Hyper-V.
Benefit from a flexible, three-tiered architecture that scales with the needs of today's growing data center.
Effective disaster recovery
Fully automated and integrated system recovery with NetBackup Bare Metal Restore, built-in replication, and offsite tape management.
Comprehensive data securityProduct Highlights
Flexible encryption technologies for maximum data security while in transit or in media.
- Integrated source and target based deduplication
- Comprehensive data protection for virtual environments
- Advanced monitoring and reporting across domains
- Faster disaster recovery for the global environments
- Reduce costs and complexity by deploying native, integrated deduplication, at the source, target or on deduplication appliances
- Enabling more efficient backups and faster restores of virtual environments through deep hypervisor integration
- Manage both physical and virtual servers and multiple backup and recovery products through one console
- Ensure rapid and easy recovery of critical applications and backup data