The web has quickly become the new malware battlefront used by attackers in today's connected world. Web-based attacks are now the primary vector for malicious activity over the Internet. The Internet and Internet applications have become the primary source of malware infections in the enterprise. Traditional URL filtering solutions don't provide adequate protection to ensure critical uptime, maintain end-user productivity, and avoid potential losses associated with web-based attacks on organizations.
Symantec Web Gateway is an innovative web security gateway appliance that protects organizations against web 2.0 threats, including malicious URLs, spyware, botnets, viruses, and other types of malware, and provides controls for web and application use. Backed by the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, the Symantec Web Gateway is built on a scalable platform that quickly and simultaneously scans for malware and inappropriate web content, ensuring that organizations can maintain critical up-time and employee productivity that can suffer when organizations come under attack.
Symantec Web Gateway is built on a real-time inspection engine that scans traffic on-the-fly, without the delays associated with proxy-based architectures. On top of this real-time engine, Symantec Web Gateway adds multi-layer defenses to block inappropriate or malicious websites, active content, applications file downloads, "phone home" traffic, and attacks.Product Highlights
- Provides fast protection at the web gateway across multiple protocols for inbound and outbound web traffic
- Protects against malware threats on all web 2.0 file transfer channels
- Ability to inspect for, detect, and block active and dormant botnets
- Features URL filtering with flexible policy controls, and in-depth reporting and alerts
- Advanced application control capabilities with ability to monitor and control usage by end-users spanning multiple applications
- Detects compromised endpoints by network fingerprinting and behavioral modeling
- Comprehensive web reporting and alerting
- Flexible policy controls allow policy creation on any criteria and control over of how policies are applied across an organization