Tandberg Data's DAT tape drives balance price and performance with a range of capacity, performance, and connectivity options. DAT is the most successful tape backup technology of all time with more than 17 million DAT drives shipped, and with a current world-wide installed base of over 6 million drives. DAT tape technology continues to meet the needs of the Small and Medium Business (SMB) market for reliable, cost-effective tape backup solution. The Tandberg family of DAT drives is the first choice for data protection for many small and medium businesses with low-end and mid-range servers and workstations.
Flexibility and ease of use
Tandberg DAT tape drives are easy to use and easy to install, customers can benefit from out of the box to backup in less than 60 seconds. With capacities up to 320GB of compressed data on a single cartridge at speeds of up to 86.4GB/hr (assuming 2:1 data compression), the DAT 320 is the ideal drive for the SMB.
Media compatibilityProduct Highlights
The Tandberg DAT drives are compatible with industry standard, multi-sourced DAT media. To achieve the best reliability, Tandberg DAT branded and qualified data cartridges are recommended. Protect your small or medium business, remote office or workgroup with a Tandberg Data DAT tape drive.
- Low cost of ownership and low media cost
- Out of box to backup in less than 60 seconds
- Future proof with 8-generation roadmap
- Proven reliability MTBF of 125,000 hrs at 100% duty cycle
- Write Once, Read Many (WORM) for regulatory compliance
- Enhanced data protection with AES 256-bit encryption
- The lowest power consumption of any tape drive on the market
- Best-value tape solution for SMBs