Quick, efficient and secure data access - anywhere, anytime - is imperative for the majority of businesses these days. Remote workers use VPN and firewall technology to enter the corporate LAN and access networked resources when required. Confidential information and sensitive data is available to them as soon as they are logged on. Protecting these data by static passwords alone is insufficient and very unsafe. Therefore VASCO created a solution based on strong user authentication.
By adding the Digipass Plug-In to the Lotus Domino server, the weakest link in the security infrastructure is removed. Vulnerable protection with static passwords is replaced by a highly secure two-factor authentication.
Public exposure of the credentials is no longer a concern through the use of dynamic, one-time passwords (OTPs). Unlike a regular static password, a Digipass-generated OTP cannot be guessed, re-used or hacked as the passwords expire automatically after a limited time.
Limitations of the standard solution
To web enable your Lotus Domino environment, security is paramount. The standard Lotus Notes client benefits from integrated proprietary authentication mechanisms. However, web sessions do not benefit from these same mechanisms. A standard web browser authenticates users using basic username and password combinations. Some web servers provide strong authentication via the use of SSL client certificates, however this requires additional installation, configuration and maintenance.
Digipass Plug-In for Lotus Domino is a simple and easy to administer solution, allowing integration of strong authentication by providing remote users "anywhere, anytime" access to all web enabled applications or e-mail.
Based on VASCO Digipass
Digipass Plug-In for Lotus Domino is based on the renowned VASCO Digipass technology. Digipass devices are used to provide secure one-time passwords for use when logging on to a secured system. These one-time passwords provide positive identification, and therefore secure access for remote Lotus Domino users.
Integration with Lotus DominoProduct Highlights
Digipass Plug-In for Lotus Domino is easily integrated in your existing infrastructure, and requires no additional servers or services. Assignment and maintenance tools for the Digipass devices are provided out-of-the-box and have the standard Lotus Notes look and feel. Deployment of Digipass Plug-In for Lotus Domino is quick and efficient, and does not interfere with your existing groupware applications.
- One-time passwords eliminate Internet exposure of confidential credentials like static passwords
- May be used together with server based SSL certificates for additional security
- No cookies or modification to client PCs are required - Digipass Plug-In for Lotus Domino works with any web browser
- Scalable - pay as you grow
- Fully integrated with Domino authentication mechanism
- May be used to access any web enabled Domino database
- Compatible with standard and session based authentication
- Transparent to users - no training required
- Strong two-factor authentication - based on VASCO's proven technologies
- Selective deployment: may be used for some or all Domino users
- May be used with any Domino directory configuration: single directory, multiple directories, directory assistance