With increasing numbers of remote users needing to access client data, confidential documents, account records and other sensitive information, the issue of security has become a top priority for the business community. VPNs and web access have made it possible to gain access to critical data from anywhere and at any time.
However, with added convenience comes additional risk. Unauthorized users could access published applications and confidential business data if the only protection in place is a weak static password. The impact of identity theft and unauthorized access to customer and business data can destroy both customers' trust and a firm's reputation.
VASCO's DIGIPASS method for NMAS
VASCO's Novell-certified solution provides several key differentiators which make it unique in relation to any other authentication product available in today's market. It is a tremendous opportunity for any enterprise looking to add a strong layer of authentication security. Customers that have taken advantage of this offering include organizations in the fields of health services, finance, insurance and education.
Easy integration without an infrastructure overhaul
VASCO strong user authentication easily integrates with NMAS without the need for any client changes and without undermining any existing software/application functionality. This approach allows an easy roll-out of an additional security layer. The weak static password used for remote access is replaced by a strong dynamic password generated by VASCO's DIGIPASS. As the user's static password never has to cross the wire, it is not subject to potential attacks. VASCO's DIGIPASS technology will initiate an authentication session by intercepting the user ID and one-time password (OTP) submitted by the user. Once these are approved, DIGIPASS method for NMAS will transparently authenticate the user and grant access to the Novell network.
End user convenienceProduct Highlights
At customer login, DIGIPASS method for NMAS validates the submitted user credentials. Once validated, the user can be granted access to all authorized applications. Because it integrates directly with NMAS, the new authentication process is transparent to the end-user, and does not require any additional steps or new logon screens. The end-user's experience is unaffected, while the organization enjoys the increased security that comes with two-factor authentication.
- Fully integrated with NMAS
- Allows customers to leverage eDirectory investment by offering integrated security features
- Eliminates the need for third-party authentication servers
- Replaces insecure logon with highly secure strong authentication based on one-time password technology (OTP)
- Reduces the risk of online fraud, password theft, and other attacks on organizations' networks and resources
- Automated installation/integration process
- Rapid deployment to the end-user
- Full redundancy and automatic replication to optional backup authentication server
- Self-service web user interface
- Password auto-learn on first logon
- Role-based user management
- Real-time auditing and validation