aXs GUARD is VASCO Data Security's product line of authentication and Internet security appliances. Based on IDENTIKEY server, aXs GUARD Identifier offers strong user authentication for local and remote access to the corporate network and to web-based business applications. aXs GUARD Identifier is highly suited for all enterprises that are looking to acquire a dedicated appliance for their authentication needs, avoiding the hassles and cost of installing and maintaining a software-based solution.
aXs GUARD Identifier offers the full functionality of IDENTIKEY server in an integrated, easy to maintain, 19" rack mountable appliance. Identifier allows easy installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of IDENTIKEY. In combination with any DIGIPASS authenticator, it replaces the users' static passwords with one-time passwords (OTP) to access the corporate network and its business applications from any remote location. The AG3442 is meant for smaller business or small remote sites. It is a silent, low power consuming 1 U 19" rack server, which still has all the features and functionality of IDENTIKEY and Identifier.
Dedicated platform description
aXsGUARD Identifier comes as a standard appliance that fits into any 19" equipment rack. It is a complete authentication server offering with all software pre-installed. Besides offering full IDENTIKEY functionality, Identifier comes with a separate appliance administration interface as well as automatic upgrade and backup features. As Identifier is not depending on external software, it offers a fixed and optimized performance. Deploying Identifier is as easy as deploying a Plug and Play device: just install the appliance in your infrastructure, configure the front-end and back-end interfaces, import the user data and DIGIPASS and the authentication server is operational.
The main driver for choosing an appliance-based solution is user convenience. In aXs GUARD Identifier, all administration functions are conveniently accessible through a web-based user interface. A variety of wizards help administrators setup aXs GUARD Identifier in a short time, and help performing other complicated tasks. Difficult configuration tasks like setting up replication between multiple aXs GUARD Identifier appliances can be done with a few simple clicks.
- Self registration allows end-users to activate the DIGIPASS devices via a secure website without administrative intervention
- The embedded LDAP synchronization tool enhances security and minimizes the administrative tasks of user management
- The audit console monitors incoming and outgoing RADIUS and web authentication requests
- The delegated administration feature allows administrators to delegate tasks like user or DIGIPASS management or reporting without endangering the appliance runtime environment
- The web-based nature of the administration interface allows remote or outsourced administration, offering new opportunities for managed services providers
- Functionality information statistics provide critical details allowing administrators to easily manage the remote access environment
- Standard or customized reports can be created and exported, in both CSV and XML format
- Extensive log searching and the possibility to export the log search to an external syslog server are provided
- A flexible license system allows easy expansion of users and DIGIPASS