Ensure service levels, optimum resource usage and configuration compliance in dynamic virtual and cloud environments with VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite. Designed for VMware vSphere and build for cloud, the vCenter Operations Management Suite sets the industry standard in operational efficiency and allows you to proactively ensure virtual/cloud infrastructure performance for your business critical application, provide continuous compliance with operational and regulatory requirements, and optimize the efficiency of your environment for resource utilization and cost.
Performance, capacity and configuration management are becoming inseparable due to the dynamic nature of converged infrastructure. Traditional tools and processes designed for siloed, static physical infrastructures don't provide the automation and control you need to effectively manage highly virtualized and private cloud environments. VMware vCenter Operations is tightly integrated with VMware vSphere and designed for dynamic environments to dramatically simplify and automate Operations Management. An integrated approach uses patented analytics to provide the intelligence and visibility needed to proactively ensure service levels reduce risk of downtime and optimize your environment for efficiency and cost. VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite is designed for VMware vSphere and built for Cloud to dramatically simplify and automate operations management.
SnS is required.
Intelligently automate Operations Management to maximize efficiency and agility
Automate performance, capacity, and configuration management with patented analytics and an integrated approach to management. Eliminate the finger pointing, improve team collaboration and reduce manual problem solving efforts by as much as 40% with automated root cause analysis.
Proactively manage performance across the entire infrastructure
Get proactive warning of performance issues and capacity shortfalls before problems affect end users. Real-time performance dashboards let you meet SLAs by pinpointing building performance issues before end users notice. Optimize your infrastructure for efficiency and minimize risk of performance across your entire infrastructure, both virtual and physical.
Gain comprehensive visibility across the infrastructure
Gain better visibility into planned and unplanned configuration changes and remediate unwanted changes to ensure operational and regulatory compliance. Manage compliance automatically with out-of-the-box configuration templates. Ensure compliance with policy control and integrated smart alerts across both virtual and physical aspects of your datacenter infrastructure.
Operations management dashboard
Provides comprehensive views into health, risk and efficiency scores of your cloud infrastructure. Quickly drill down to see what's causing current workload conditions, pinpoint potential problems in the future and identify areas with inefficient use of resources.
Correlation of performance and change events
Correlation of performance and change events inside the guest operating system enable administrators to quickly understand and remediate performance issues arising from configuration changes.
Compliance checking of vSphere hosts
Compliance checking of vSphere hosts allows administrators to maintain a compliant infrastructure and automated the hardening of vSphere hosts with pre-built security and compliance guidelines.
Smart alerts provide pro-active notifications of building health, performance and capacity issues in the environment. Automated root cause analysis identifies the offending metric across all layers of the infrastructure.
Capacity planning, reporting and optimization
Capacity planning, reporting and optimization views help administrators optimize VM density; identify areas of reclaimable waste and chronic capacity shortfalls. Configurable alerts notify of changing capacity conditions in production and non-production areas.
Integrated cost metering and reportingProduct Highlights
Integrated cost metering and reporting capabilities provide visibility into the financial value of consumed resources and enable administrators to optimize provisioned capacity for lowest cost without sacrificing performance.
- Provides pre-built and configurable dashboards for real-time performance, capacity, and configuration management
- Performance data is abstracted to health, risk and efficiency measures that allow IT to efficiently identify building performance problems with less effort
- Capacity analytics identify over-provisioned resources so they can be right-sized for most efficient use of virtualized resources
- Best-in-class scalability allows monitoring multiple sites, thousands of metrics and over hundred thousand VMs with a single deployment
- Infrastructure and operations analytics eliminate time-consuming problem resolution processes through automated root cause analysis
- Automated correlation of health, performance and change events at the infrastructure and guest OS-level help pinpoint lingering performance problems
- Automated rollback and remediation of configuration changes allow administrators to enforce IT policies
- Flexible capacity and cost reporting capabilities provide deep visibility into resource consumption trends
- Automated provisioning and configuration analysis detects unwanted changes and helps IT maintain continuous compliance with operational best practices and regulatory requirements
- Self-learning performance analytics and dynamic thresholds adapt to the environment to simplify operations management and eliminate false alerts
- Integrated smart alerts for health, performance and capacity degradation identify building performance problems before they affect end users
- Advanced capacity analytics allow administrators to optimize VM density and identify capacity shortfalls before they affect end users
- Real-time, integrated dashboards of performance, capacity and configuration change events enable a proactive management approach and help ensure SLAs are met
- Policy-based configuration management assures compliance across all aspects of the datacenter infrastructure, virtual or physical