Wyse Virtual Desktop Accelerator (VDA) is a software-only solution for Wyse thin clients and supported PCs. Wyse VDA delivers the best user experience for the network bandwidth allocated to users, neutralizes the effects of network delays (latencies) and errors (packet loss) for thin computing, making it suitable for more remote-site, branch, or field-based users.
Today, poor network performance for thin computing protocols can reduce user experience, forcing organizations to limit deployment scope, deploy additional datacenters, use higher cost networks, purchase expensive hardware accelerators and even fall back to costly legacy techniques (client-server). In addition, Public Cloud centers are sparsely distributed today, only providing low latency access in limited markets.
Wyse VDA means organizations can deploy thin computing to more remote users - while minimizing additional network costs, and avoiding the need for regional datacenters. Organizations that have already deployed thin computing using regional datacenters will be able to achieve significant cost-savings through datacenter consolidation.Product Highlights
- Improves user experience for virtual desktop infrastructure, including public and private clouds
- Software-only acceleration of virtual desktops and applications
- Accelerates Citrix ICA and Microsoft RDP protocols
- Works on high bandwidth wide area networks
- Enhances Wyse TCX software suite functionality across wide-area networks
- Enhances Wyse Collaborative Processing Architecture performance
- Enables per connection maximum bandwidth usage control
- Leverages built-in security of underlying protocols