The single greatest challenge to streamlining document-based processes is the fact that there are three largely incompatible document formats - paper, Microsoft Office and PDF - that dominate the office.
Nuance and Xerox have developed a solution to bridge this gap. This complete desktop document management solution uses the power of Xerox mutlifunction printers (MFPs) to capture paper documents and Nuance productivity applications to organize, combine and share your scanned documents, Microsoft Office and PDF files in one place.
Xerox Scan to PC Desktop significantly improves the way every person in your organization uses and shares documents every day. The Scan to PC Desktop Professional 10 solution, leveraging Xerox Extensible Interface Platform technology, is designed for seamless integration with Xerox MFPs.
Scan to PC Desktop lets you unlock information stored in paper documents and turn them into files you can edit in seconds. Your converted documents look exactly like the original - complete with columns, tables, bullets and graphics. What's even more exciting is that the fully-formatted documents are easy to edit the right way, with flowing text across columns, saving hours of document recreation.
This product includes PaperPort Professional 11, OmiPage Professional 15, PDF converter Professional 4, Image Retriever Professional 8, and PSP Server Module 1.0.
Save time at the Xerox MFP with personalized scanning
Step up to the Xerox MFP, login and the touch screen panel changes to reveal personal scanning destinations that make sense. Press the scan button and documents are reliably delivered directly to your computer or other specified destinations quickly, in the right format, conveniently and securely.
Route documents anywhere with the push of a button
Scan to PC Desktop makes distributed document capture easy, secure and productive. Now you can effectively replace manual paper processes with efficient document sharing over email, the web, and document management systems.
Easily create and assemble PDF documents
Scan to PC Desktop simplifies things by handling everything your office handles now, plus elements that Microsoft Windows and SharePoint don't handle well - like scanned paper and PDF.
Communicate clearly and precisely with edited PDF filesProduct Highlights
With Scan to PC Desktop, you get everything you need to effortlessly edit, annotate, correct typos, add or clean up scanned images, create fillable forms and even touch up objects directly within PDF files. You can also change colors, fonts, or point sizes, copy graphics, charts and text from PDF files and place them in Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint. Now you can communicate your ideas and collaborate without limitations.
- From your computer you can customize any Xerox EIP enabled MFP on the network and immediately change the folders and preferences that you want available
- Send files directly to your computer in the fewest possible steps
- Easily customize the Xerox EIP enabled MFP to view your computer folders, even folders on your local desktop PC, as scanning destinations
- Send files from the Xerox MFP to practically anywhere you want them to go
- Capture paper documents from the Xerox MFP and send them directly to email, Microsoft SharePoint, FTP, Web folders, and ODMA supporting content management systems
- Customizable workflows allow you to combine options, destinations, and formats into a single step available as a button on the Xerox EIP enabled MFP
- Open and save PDF files directly to Interwoven, Open Text and LexisNexis CaseMap